After kicking off an exciting career in the late 90’s/early 00’s in print journalism, writing for popular editorial titles such as Mizz, Sky, More! Magazine, Attitude, and OK! Magazine, Anthony was tracked down by the popular Channel 4 ‘Youth’ strand, T4, where he started out as Entertainment Correspondent before becoming their live broadcasting Co-Host.
Alongside sister brands E4, T4 Holiday Mornings, T4 On The Beach, T4/C4 Movie specials and C4, Anthony went onto further presenting roles across all major terrestrial broadcasters. From ‘MTV Backstage:Live’, to hosting all the European TV outlets for ‘THE MTV:EMA’s 2006’ (alongside his then regular co-host Emma Willis), ‘Make Me a Supermodel Extra” and ‘The MTV VMA’s 2007’ for FIVE, Extreme Makeover, Eat Cinema, ITV’s Review of The Year 2006, 46664: The Mandela Tribute live from Cape Town, The Isle Of Wight Festival ’05, The British Soap Awards 2006, Totally Scott Lee, Bingo Night Live!, Liquid News to landing his dream presenting role working for BBC1 on the long running prime time travel show, ‘HOLIDAY’, inclusive BBC1 spin-offs “Departure Lounge’ and ‘Holiday Hit Squad’. He also hosted a bevy of topical and factual radio shows on BBC Radio Manchester and Gaydio Manchester.
After enjoying 11 years living and working in London, Anthony embarked on a fresh challenge and moved back to his native Manchester to study at the highly respected Manchester School Of Acting under the tutelage of Mark Hudson, upon which after graduating enjoyed roles in popular TV shows and movies such as feature film ‘Poor Wee Me’, Coronation Street, Jimmy McGovern’s The Accused, Hollyoaks: The Morning After The Night Before, and as Billy in Shameless, Kay Mellor’s ‘The Syndicate’, and has appeared on stage in the award winning two hander ‘The Rainbow Connection’, ‘The Opposite Of Claustrophobia’, ‘Fetish Knights’, ‘Rid The World’ and ‘The Newspaper Boy ‘opposite BAFTA Award winner Suranne Jones.
A dedicated and passionate for LGBT+ advocacy, Anthony worked closely with Manchester Pride, Queer Up North and the LGF on various projects and hosting live events and festivals, including the much lauded Big Weekend Pride events over a number of years. In 2017, Anthony co-produced the National LGBT Awards, single handy attaining access to The Duke of Cambridge in securing him as the winner of the LGBT+ Ally of the Year Award. A once popular DJ and club promoter within the LGBT+ community, Anthony went on to promote award winning and culturally lauded award winning club nights ‘Rebel Rebel’ (London) and Off The Hook! (Manchester).
Deciding to turn his hand to teaching, mentoring and coaching talent, Anthony spent 5 years as a Senior Acting Practitioner at the aforementioned Manchester School Of Acting, guiding and mentoring the careers and well being of almost 400+ actors, working in-house at MSA in casting and pastoral care/career industry advisor, as well as as a Youth Mentor, Guest Speaker and Engagement Officer in schools all over the North West.
Currently practicing Actor Mentoring and Coaching at First Take School of Acting, and representing some of the finest young acting talent in the North West and beyond, in the past year alone Anthony has recently just chaired & anchored various Q&A events in and across Manchester focusing on mental health and well-being, namely the book launch for ‘Me, Myself & Bi-Polar Brenda’ in conjunction with MIND and Bipolar UK, and the premiere for the film ‘Lead Belly’, focusing on PTSD and street homeless charities.
An avid expert & raconteur on pop culture, TV, style, mens well-being and mental health, weight training/gym obsessions and body issues, male masculinity and gender stereotypes within modern society, conspiracy and extra terrestrial/UFO theories, LGBT+ causes and issues and global travel ( as well as an obsessive dog lover, him being the proud Dad of a three year old high maintenance Yorkshire Terrier ‘Monty Lagnaja’), Anthony is soon to be seen hosting the podcast for Jokepit.com‘s ‘PROJECT GREY BOOK’ on Youtube and as part of the original line up for OneTribe TV’s ’THE MINDSHED’.
– The Mindshed
– Lead Belly Premiere & Q&A
– Me, Myself & Bi-Polar Brenda /Bi-Polar UK Book Launch and Q&A
– Manchester Pride Candlelight Vigil
– Manchester Pride’s Big Weekend! : Mainstage Anchor
– The Greater Manchester Film Festival – Host
– Gaydio: The Anthony Crank Show: Anchor.
– 2008-2009: Bingo Night Live: ITV1: Anchor
– BBC Radio Manchester: Host
– Beauty & The Best: Janice meets Abby: Voiceover
– The Truth About Take That/ ITV: Voiceover
– Totally Jodie Marsh: Who Will Take Her Up The Aisle
– LIVE! : Anchor
– The MTV Music Awards 2007/C5: Anchor
– Extreme Makeover: Jade’s Mum/ C5 : Anchor.
– Make Me A Grown Up/C4: Voiceover
– Carling Live 24: Manchester
– BIG BROTHER’S LITTLE BROTHER/Big Mouth, C4. Panel Guest
– The MTV European Music Awards: Co-Host for all European Territories.
– An Evening of Queer Corrie.
– 2006: Holiday Hit Squad/BBC1: Co-Host
– ITV: 2006 – The Year In Review: Anchor
– Make Me A Supermodel/Extra: Anchor
– The ITV National British Soap Awards 2006: Backstage/ITV2: Co-Anchor
– The Carling Live 24 Music Festival C4: Anchor
– Eat Cinema on SKY with Anthony Crank & Emma Willis: Anchor
– Holiday/BBC1: Co-Host
– Departure Lounge/ BBC1: Correspondent
– 46664:THE NELSON MANDELA CONCERT, Cape Town: Anchor.
– The Isle Of Wight Music Festival/C4: Host
– MTV Backstage LIVE with Anthony Crank & Emma Willis: Co-Anchor
– T4/C4 Movie Specials : Anchor
– Liquid News/BBC3: Contributor
– T4/ E4/ T4 Holiday Mornings/ T4 On The Beach: Co-Anchor